Wednesday, March 23, 2011

2011 Lenten Prayers using "writing to GOD: 40 Days of Praying with My Pen" - Day 13


Mark 4.30-32:  He also said, ‘With what can we compare the kingdom of God, or what parable will we use for it? 31It is like a mustard seed, which, when sown upon the ground, is the smallest of all the seeds on earth; 32yet when it is sown it grows up and becomes the greatest of all shrubs, and puts forth large branches, so that the birds of the air can make nests in its shade.’

When I ponder the vastness of Your kingdom
I cannot grasp its expanse

I picture it as the biggest house I’ve ever seen
Filled to overflowing with all those good things
That come to mind when I think of what home should be

I picture it as the whitest, sandiest beach
With waves bluer than blue crashing into it
As far as the eye can see is sand, sea, and sky

I picture it as a meadow in spring                                                                                
Flowers blooming
In every hue

I picture it as the clouds in the sky
White and fluffy as they pass by
A delight for the eyes

I picture it as a party
Filled with laughter and love
New friends and old

I have no clue what awaits me
When I arrive
I know it is beyond my imagining
And while surprises await
You will meet me at the gate

Until then I will continue to see
Your kingdom here with me


No comments:

Post a Comment