Tuesday, March 22, 2011

2011 Lenten Prayers using "writing to GOD: 40 Days of Praying with My Pen" - Day 12


Isaiah 9.6:  For a child has been born for us, a son given to us;  authority rests upon his shoulders;  and he is named Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Abba
The name with which I call You
From that place of darkness deep inside
When the little girl is frightened
And needs her daddy by her side

Abba
I cry and You are here
Immediately I feel You near
Wiping my every tear
You pull me into your lap
Holding me tight
Whispering words of peace
Banishing every demon in sight

Abba
Some would say You are not real
But that is not how I feel
Your arms around me show
That You never let me go
And while I cannot see Your face
I look around and see You in every place

Abba
I call to You in love
Your Spirit descends as a dove
And the little girl holds on to the light from above.

Thank you Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment