Monday, March 21, 2011

2011 Lenten Prayers using "writing to GOD: 40 Days of Praying with My Pen" - Day 11


Jeremiah 6:14:  They have treated the wound of my people carelessly,  saying, ‘Peace, peace’,  when there is no peace.

A week ago today
The earth quaked
Buildings shook
Waters broke free from the seas
And covered dry lands

This morning we learn
Conflict will become war
People are dying
Fighting for peace

It seems as though You are not there
In the tragedy
The devastation
The anger
The hunger
The illness
The brokenness

Then I remember that You are present
In those that love enough
To give all they have
To fight for what they believe to be true
To lay down for a better way
To seek your face in the middle of a world unkind to You

Lord, give me the ability
To change the world around me
One moment
One heart at a time
And begin please with me

Father give me the courage
To follow You when all around me
I look and see misery
Give me the willingness
To be light in the darkness
To be love in the hate
To be gentle in the violence
To be peace in conflict
To see You in those who differ from me
And Your hands and heart be
Right where you have placed me.






No comments:

Post a Comment