Friday, March 18, 2011

2011 Lenten Prayers using "writing to GOD: 40 Days of Praying with My Pen" - Day 9


Psalm 36.5-9:

5        Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, *
      and your faithfulness to the clouds.

6        Your righteousness is like the strong mountains,
your justice like the great deep; *
      you save both man and beast, O Lord.

7        How priceless is your love, O God! *
      your people take refuge under the
shadow of your wings.

8        They feast upon the abundance of your house; *
      you give them drink from the river of your delights.

9        For with you is the well of life, *
      and in your light we see light.


These words make my heart sing
Whether reading them, praying them, or singing them with my favorite band
My response seems so inadequate
To a love so big
When I realize these words are for me
I’m so grateful  in my life you will always be
Your love sets me free
From life’s misery

These words make me want to be so much more than I am today
Lord, mold me and mend me
That your hands and heart I might be
To a world so out of touch with eternity
Your words may I help others to see
Are a part of our destiny

These words I pray
In my heart to stay
That I might stand firm and never stray
But rather spend each day 
Dancing in the clouds with You as we play
Be with me now and always my Yahweh










No comments:

Post a Comment