Thursday, March 17, 2011

2011 Lenten Prayers using "writing to GOD: 40 Days of Praying with My Pen" - Day 8


James 5.7-11:  Be patient, therefore, beloved,* until the coming of the Lord. The farmer waits for the precious crop from the earth, being patient with it until it receives the early and the late rains. 8You also must be patient. Strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is near.* 9Beloved,* do not grumble against one another, so that you may not be judged. See, the Judge is standing at the doors! 10As an example of suffering and patience, beloved,* take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. 11Indeed we call blessed those who showed endurance. You have heard of the endurance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, how the Lord is compassionate and merciful.

These prayers are like seeds
I sow and tend them
You water each tender sprout
As the flood of life
The winds of time
The fire of disappointment
Pass over this garden of hope
It is difficult to see
How things will be

You are the gardener
And there must I trust
Mine is to plant
Yours is to nurture
Give me courage to let go
After I sow
To wait patiently
And know I will see
If not here
Then in eternity
Your work it will always be
I am called only to bend the knee

No comments:

Post a Comment