Saturday, March 19, 2011

2011 Lenten Prayers using "writing to GOD: 40 Days of Praying with My Pen" - Day 10


   Creator God, I give you thanks as I the sun kisses my face
   The new cut grass tickles my toes
   The scent of hyacinth delights my nose

   As I look around I see
   The work of your hand
   Nature in all its beauty
   Is a gift You give
To remind us how great You are

These gifts of color, smell, and touch
A reminder that You love us
So completely
That perfection is found
in even the smallest of things

In these things you capture my attention
Reminding me of the importance
To look around me
And see
The wonder of Your work
In the place in which You have put me

Thank you for these moments
That are a tangible sign
Of the love You have for me
In the sharing of such beauty.

2 comments: