Friday, October 19, 2012

it's (finally) sneak peek friday!!!!

phew...sometimes life just happens and i get so overwhelmed i forget to take that time to be still and create!  after way too long away i took time to play in my studio this week!

this piece is still drying so the finish looks off.  it was inspired by posts from Haiti and the book "Come Alive" by Elora Ramirez (which is hard and holy reading)...


these are new backgrounds i started and am impatiently waiting to dry...






not sure what they will become, would like words, not sure which words yet.  know of any good lettering tutorials?

remember to link up with jennifer at studio jru to see what our friends are up to....

and share here or there your creations this week.

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm visiting via Studio JRU...

    I really like your vivid use of color in your pieces! Mostly, though, I like that your pieces bear meaning and come from your heart and the season you are in.

    Blessings to you!
    Anna K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh... you have done so much since you are back in the studio, Julie!! Love the variety of backgrounds you will have to work with. I also love that you were inspired by a book for such a powerful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful backgrounds! I can't wait to see them when they're finished.
    Blessings xo

    ReplyDelete