Saturday, December 31, 2011

"tion" - ing

http://www.caribbeanprincessmusings.com/2011/04/saying-goodbye.html



On the cusp of 2012 there is time for introspection, retrospection, and several other “tion” words. 2011 was full of letting go of old things (some hurtful memories and the place I called home among them) and a chance to grab on to some new things (new traditions, new friends, and yes even some new hurtful things).  

As I sit here on this last day of 2011 I am reminded of Paul’s words, “So if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new!” (2 Corinthians 5.17). 

Yes 2012 will be a new year with new things and yet 2012 is really still just a number.  The same me enters the year and will God willing end the year.  If the year is to be new I must be open to letting God work in and through me.  To allow those words from Paul to be true I must surrender all that I am, all that I want, and all that I dream to my perfect parent.  

I may not be happy with the results and there will be times I attempt to wrest control from God.  There will be times this dance will be full of joy and laughter, yet there will also be times it will be painful and difficult as I ask God to make me new trusting in the Holy Spirit to work in and through me.

As I sit here I remember this year began with hope, joy, and expectation in the midst of nervousness on the brink of a new chapter.  I am grateful that this year ends in the same way.  While I hope my location won’t change this year, there will be new adventures, new lessons, new friends, new joys, and even new pains and hurts to continue the refining that is God at work in my life.  

What a glorious dance it is!  Thanks be to God!

2 comments:

  1. As I read this I can hear your voice, so calm and full of grace. You are one of a kind. Much love to you. ~lisa

    ReplyDelete