Friday, April 1, 2011

2011 Lenten Prayers using "writing to GOD: 40 Days of Praying with My Pen" - Day 21




At two I learned about you
From a woman taken way too soon
You were in the stars when she went away

At six you were in the classroom
In the patience of a teacher
Helping me to catch up

At eight you were in a tree
When I felt so lost
I couldn’t even find me

At eleven you were in my secret hiding place
Your voice drowned out the madness
Your arms kept me safe

At sixteen you held me in your arms
As my heart was broken
And I felt so alone

At twenty you were with me
As a lost something important
And struggled to go on

At twenty three you were in the face of a beautiful gift
Of the child that taught me how to love
And gave me a glimpse of the breadth of your heart

At thirty you opened my eyes
And for the first time I saw you
Oh I still ran, but you held on

Since that day you have been by my side
While I may run away
You never hide

When I seek you
You let me find
In my life you will always be
It is but mine to see
You are no fantasy
But a gift for eternity

No comments:

Post a Comment