Friday, March 25, 2011

2011 Lenten Prayers using "writing to GOD: 40 Days of Praying with My Pen" - Day 15


Isaiah 41.10:  do not fear, for I am with you, do not be afraid, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you,   I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.

The sirens sound
As I am praying with your people
The earth quakes
As I read my baby her bed time story
The car is jolted from behind
As I make a turn into a parking lot
The wind blows
As I lay in quiet
The waters rise
As I sit with a dear one

Each of these brings fear
That unease of the gut
That rises and won’t let go
The trembling from head to toe
Yet truly
The biggest fear is that You will let me go
That one day I will find a shadow
Where once your light glowed
The love from above will no longer flow
From your presence I will go

In that moment I hear
A tiny whisper in my ear
“My child I am near
Never fear
In my arms you will always be
Even when you cannot see
You are mine
And you will find
Nothing you can do
Will change my love for you
Climb into my lap
Rest in my arms and know
From you I will never ever go.”

No comments:

Post a Comment