Tuesday, March 15, 2011

2011 Lenten Prayers using "writing to GOD: 40 Days of Praying with My Pen" - Day 6


John 1.1-5, 14a

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was in the beginning with God. 3All things came into being through him, and without him not one thing came into being. What has come into being 4in him was life,* and the life was the light of all people. 5The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it.  And the Word became flesh and lived among us.

I know you cried at the grave of your friend
I picture you laughing while playing with children
I see you teaching with authority
I read of your anger at the money changers
I understand you are God in human form
Yet I wonder
Did you ever feel alone when others didn’t walk with you
Did you ever feel sad when no one listened
Did you ever stub your toe
Or hit your funny bone
And if you did what did you say or do

It is easy to read these words and understand their largeness
I struggle sometimes with their simplicity
You once were like me
Now won’t you come and be
So present that I see you
As I struggle on this path
Take my hand and walk with me
In these times of uncertainty
Breathe your peace that I may be free
Of doubt, fear, and worry
To be your hands and heart to all those I meet

No comments:

Post a Comment