Saturday, March 12, 2011

2011 Lenten Prayers using "writing to GOD: 40 Days of Praying with My Pen" - Day 4


 Psalm 46

1        God is our refuge and strength, *
      a very present help in trouble.
2        Therefore we will not fear, though the earth be moved, *
      and though the mountains be toppled into the
depths of the sea;
3        Though its waters rage and foam, *
      and though the mountains tremble at its tumult.
4        The Lord of hosts is with us; *
      the God of Jacob is our stronghold.
5        There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, *
      the holy habitation of the Most High.
6        God is in the midst of her;
she shall not be overthrown; *
      God shall help her at the break of day.
7        The nations make much ado, and the kingdoms are shaken; *
      God has spoken, and the earth shall melt away.
8        The Lord of hosts is with us; *
      the God of Jacob is our stronghold.
9        Come now and look upon the works of the Lord, *
      what awesome things he has done on earth.
10      It is he who makes war to cease in all the world; *
      he breaks the bow, and shatters the spear,
      and burns the shields with fire.
11      “Be still, then, and know that I am God; *
      I will be exalted among the nations;
      I will be exalted in the earth.”
12      The Lord of hosts is with us; *
      the God of Jacob is our stronghold.

Lord I read these words and they make me want to sit at your feet
Being still is not something I do well
I find you as I move, draw, write, and fly by my seat
Yet you call me to those moments to be still
To rest in your presence where nothing is asked of me
Except to be
Quiet at your knee
To be still and see
That time with you is a treat
And eternally with me you will dwell
Which is what makes me complete

So in these days to come
Help me to find you
As I continue on the run
With so very much to do

Make me stop, be still and know that you are God
And that I am not

No comments:

Post a Comment