Friday, March 11, 2011

2011 Lenten Prayers using "writing to GOD: 40 Days of Praying with My Pen" - Day 3


The Scripture for today is Isaiah 40, which is long.  I focused on the verses that spoke to me (28b-end):

 The Lord is the everlasting God,
   the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary;
   his understanding is unsearchable.
29 He gives power to the faint,
   and strengthens the powerless.
30 Even youths will faint and be weary,
   and the young will fall exhausted;
31 but those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength,
   they shall mount up with wings like eagles,
they shall run and not be weary,
   they shall walk and not faint.


As I read these words I desire to burst out in song
The beauty and poetry in them touches that deep place
I try keeping hidden from You
They speak of Your love and mercy
Your timeless presence with me
The times you pick me up when I fall
The moments you dance in my dreams showing the way

I am reminded when I call You won’t be long
To me You will show your face
Even if it seems hidden from view
When I doubt I am worthy
You help me to see
That in You is my all
And every moment a chance for a new day

No comments:

Post a Comment