Wednesday, March 9, 2011

2011 Lenten Prayers using "writing to GOD: 40 Days of Praying with My Pen" - Day 1


Ezekiel 37.1-337The hand of the Lord came upon me, and he brought me out by the spirit of the Lord and set me down in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. 2He led me all round them; there were very many lying in the valley, and they were very dry. 3He said to me, ‘Mortal, can these bones live?’ I answered, ‘O Lord God, you know.’ 

My child you look at these bones and see

Nothing but misery

Dig a little deeper

Climb a little steeper

Then you will look at these bones and see

 

In the dust and ash of this time

I am with you

Let go of your worry

Look at these bones and see

The hope found only in me

 

My child I breathe new life

Into those broken, barren places

So that once again those bones will live

And together we may dance

From the valley to the mountain

 

So look at the bones and see

New life found in me

 

No comments:

Post a Comment