Friday, August 24, 2012

sneak peek friday ~ august 24th

it is friday and time to peek
into the studio...
mine...
yours...
and our friends at studio jru...
where today cindy at 12 tribes 
teaches us how to do book spine poetry...
it is fascinating 
i can't wait to play with it!

last week was about untangling
the knots in my soul...
river walking with joshua brayden beast
helped me give the knots 
to the only One who can untangle them...

always faithful, He did
and then we played in the studio together...

my baby recently moved
and asked for something "sunflowerish"
for her new walls...

not the best picture

close up of one panel

she says it is what she had in her head...
i love when that happens.

and her baby has a big day soon
and this is for her new walls...


both were done using my new modeling paste and the one for da baby used a new (to me) project board.  love the modeling paste, not so sure about the board.
would love to hear what others use for mixed media work.

can't wait to see my girls in 19 days
(not that anyone is counting)
and play at the beach with them.

what have you been doing in your studio?
please share here or here...

4 comments:

  1. love the boldness in your work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful, Julie! I love the texture... fantastic! Not sure what your project board is made out of? I use wood for everything I do and I love it. Love the strength and that you can put anything on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks jennifer! the sunflower ones are one type of board from Blick and the pink ones are another type that has been gessoed (also from Blick). There is a texture on the second ones i don't like much...seems to soak up what ever medium i am using. Thought i was saving a step, but not so much it seems.

      Delete