Monday, November 28, 2011

Playing with water

Given that it is Advent, the church is in a new year and I have long learned I don't do well with resolutions set to begin on January 1st so I make them to coincide with the liturgical calendar (because I am a geek that way).

The resolution that will stretch me the most is the one to begin painting with watercolor.  My hope is to find a teacher relatively close to help mentor me through the process.  In the mean time, I will continue to move forward on this learning curve. 

Here is what I have done so far:

basis shapes

filling in some detail

I think it's done

1 comment:

  1. Julie, I remember when I wanted my children to have the experience of nature journaling and so I got them drawing books and began teaching them only to discover that I could do so unless I also learned to draw. I drew terrible silverfish, bumblebees that we caught in a jar and studied at the table, etc. . . and I discovered, after a year of drawing once a week or so, that I was actually getting better, and that a new passion had arisen.
    So keep up the wonderful goal of watercolor! You already have beautiful work. XXOXOX

    ReplyDelete