Wednesday, April 6, 2011

2011 Lenten Prayers using "writing to GOD: 40 Days of Praying with My Pen" - Day 25





Psalm 34.8:  O taste and see that the Lord is good;  happy are those who take refuge in him.

Lord I find you with each of my senses….
I hear you in the laughter of my child with her child
I see you in the sunset sinking over the trees
I taste you in the rain as I look to the sky
I feel you in the touch of my beloved
I smell you in the flowers swaying in the wind
I hear you in the call of the jay seeking his mate
I see you in the joy of the first bye bye wave
I taste you in the first cup of coffee in the morning
I feel you as I bow my head and your arms surround me
I smell you in the incense burning in your honor
I hear you whisper my name as I cry to you in pain
I see you with each answered prayer
I taste you in the plenty on my table
I feel you in the hug from a sister
I smell you as I kneel at your altar
In each of these ways you continue to speak to me each day
Each sense of gift from you
Each proof of the many ways you seek me and find me
May I use each one to bring you glory
As I find you in others

No comments:

Post a Comment