Monday, April 4, 2011

2011 Lenten Prayers using "writing to GOD: 40 Days of Praying with My Pen" - Day 23


Psalm 23:


1
The LORD is my shepherd; *
    I shall not be in want.


2
He makes me lie down in green pastures *
    and leads me beside still waters.
3
He revives my soul *
    and guides me along right pathways for his Name's sake.


4
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no evil; *
    for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff, they comfort me.


5
You spread a table before me in the presence of those
                             who trouble me; *
    you have anointed my head with oil,
    and my cup is running over.


6
Surely your goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days
                             of my life, *
    and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.



News that rocks my world finds me running from you
May these words be my prayer
Help me to trust in your grace and your blessing
You are with me in this time
Even though it does not feel like it in this moment
As I close my eyes allow me to see the green pastures
The still waters
Let me hold on to your staff
And sit at your table
May I feel the oil of your anointing overflow
Guide me from this place of fear and quiet
Into your arms
That we may dance as I give this to you
And start the day anew


No comments:

Post a Comment